Monday, July 20, 2009

...as I Was Saying,

Well, I'm back after a brief interruption for a heart attack and bypass surgery. At least I didn't fall asleep at the computer, like some people.

Seriously, though, I want to thank all my friends (and I found out there were a lot more than I'd thought) for all the cards, well wishes and prayers while I was recovering. Actually, I'm still recovering, but I've been told I'd better get a blog post done today. I haven't really changed: I'm still basically lazy, and tend to put things off.

If you're going to have a heart problem, Tucson is a great place to have it. I was in 2 different hospitals, St. Joseph's and the Tucson Heart Hospital. The nurses, techs, and doctors...all the staff... were first rate in both facilities. One big surprise for me was mealtime at the Heart Hospital. The food was excellent, and I got to order from a widely varied menu. So much for a bunch of hospital food jokes.

I do find the recovery process a bit frustrating. Not getting energetic as quickly as I'd expected...I guess it all takes time.

Anyway, I'm on the mend, and they even let me keep my beard. So thanks again for all your kindness to me and my family, and I'll be back. And next time, I'll attempt an entertaining post.

Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy

7 comments:

Yarntangler said...

Just having you back home (or borrowed home) is entertaining enough. glad you are finally deciding to get a little cerebral exercise in.

spiritualastronomer said...

Welcome back, 12 inch beard. Glad they allowed you to keep it. And you sound almost like your old self. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Glad your feeling better Geez. And Yt is right watching you at Sages house WAS entertaining.

TLD

Bob and Sharon....Rving Millers said...

Glad you are feeling better and on the mend. Take the time you need you recover. We've been keeping you and Marcie in our prayers and will continue to do so. Maybe we can meet in Arizona over the winter if you are still the area. Take care and God Bless.

Bob and Sharon, rvingmillers

Mike & Vicki Erps said...

happy to hear you are doing good. Seems the older we get the longer it takes to heal.

Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak said...

Good to hear from you- can't keep a good guy down! You have had major surgery- be patient with yourself. And, yes, Tucson is a good place if you need medical treatment.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jaimie and George

Yarntangler said...

I like that new badge you've earned. It really suits you especially if the first word is an adjective.