Sunday, June 14, 2009

Geezerhood in One's Late 30's

I have officially been a Geezer for just over 2 years, now. However, I find that some people (say, oh, I dunno, Sage Words for example), can achieve certain levels of decrepitude at a much younger age. As evidence, I offer yesterday's lame excuse for a Blog entry.

Oh, I'm sooooooo tired. zzzzzzzzzzzz

The idea for our blogversation this month was quite simple: Sage posts, then I post, then...well, you get the idea. (If not, return to the lame excuse, and scroll down a little).

So now, we have experienced a lull in the conversation. It's kind of like sitting in the living room, talking to somebody, and looking over to find that person has drifted off to dreamland:



Just as you were making an extremely crucial point, in an impassioned, compelling manner.






Not that I was actually doing that, but I could have been. That's the point.


I think that calls for the creation of one more word to add to the next group of a million. (after which, we can hopefully find another tangent to go off on, as tradition requires.)

So, without further ado, I give you my final pre-subject-change addition to the Lexicon:

Wombification:
The act of substituting a brief whining session for lucid or semi-lucid posting on a personal blog. As in... "While expected to continue one of the world's great intellectual discussions, he turned to the well-worn wombification that he was tired, leaving the expectant masses aghast as he retired for the evening."

Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy









2 comments:

Yarntangler said...

I absolutely agree with you. That was a disillusioning non-effort from one we have come to depend upon for lucid commentary on myriad topics of usually trivial but entertaining content.

He should take a lesson from his grandfather who manages to stay awake until his blog is finished even when having an angina attack!

I particularly want to point out that with exactly the same amount of time. I managed to complete my blog before retiring for the night!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! Sage ya best wake up... ( poke poke) I tried, we'll see if it works.