Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tag, Tag...You're, You're It, It.

Well, it won't take you long to catch up with Sage Words' end of the conversation this time, although, in fairness I should tell you he's in the midst of some events that are preoccupying his attention. It's short, but to the point. He's wrong, of course, about that rest of the world thing, but eventually he will inherit a fourth of it. He has to share with his brothers.

But, let us converse:

I couldn't agree more about the George Lucas thing. I'm not sure anybody could locate Michael Jackson's nose, though, even if we knew the exact moment it disappeared.

Speaking of Michael Jackson (or, as his father used to think of him, Meal Ticket), that brings up a use for time-travel, I think could be quite productive:

We could get to the roots of some of the great classic musical talents of all time:























The Nairobi Trio



Observe them in their formative years, so to speak.


Having now commented in a manner fairly responsive to your response to my observation in response to your first observation, I now hasten to digress....

There's a person called The Visionary who would like to join the conversation. Fine by me. (heh-heh) The motivation to get "Vis" into the blogosphere is this story out of San Diego.

You really should read the story before continuing. I mean, if I just summarized it, you'd think I was making it up...But, hey! It's Fox News. It's a Fair and Balanced report. (Must be; they're so fair and balanced their fairness and balancedness is copyrighted.)

Really, though, go ahead and read it.

Done?

OK.

Now, let me just say that although outraged, I cannot honestly say this surprises me. Kah-lee-Foah-nee-uh has taken the lead in stupidity, arrogance, and self-destructive behavior for lo, these many years.

The problem is, nobody in the state (and particularly in state government) is required to think. In fact that sort of thing is actively discouraged. That's what has made it the shining example of fiscal and moral responsibility that it is today.

Even greater strides are on the horizon, as the Great Ahnold introduces his sweeping cuts in all things educational and/or useful, while simultaneously boosting taxes on all things rational and/or productive (He's a multitasker). That'll teach those stupid voters to turn down Plan A.

(BTW: I just found this illustration of the real reason he sought the Governor's office:

...thanks to The BS Report -Gg.)


I should be able to say that if the victims take this bureaucratic outrage to federal court, they'll probably win, costly as it may be.

Unfortunately, I can't say that because we all know what's been happening to the Constitution over that past couple of decades; and Fearless Leader is busily stacking the Supreme Court even as we blog. Who needs basic moral courage and common sense when you can be politically correct, hey, Nancy? Hey Barbara? Hey Barack?














OK, enough of my ranting. Lets just all be grateful that we have a new form of communication with the White House now, as exemplified on NBC this week:


(They're not sheep, but you get the idea.)

Blog at ya Later,
-Geezerguy

2 comments:

Yarntangler said...

I knew this was going to get interesting. The smartest thing we ever did was to escape from California!

spiritualastronomer said...

Ditto (oops, I think that sounded a little to "Rush Limbaugh" for some reason.)