Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Here's My Excuse


I'm hoping this attempt to post a blog will be more successful than my last effort. When I sat down to carry on with my one-daily blog for the month, the hard drive in my computer decided that three years was long enough, and promptly crashed, and burned:









What was unfortunate was the fact that this particular blog would have been a genuine masterpiece. (It was also unfortunate that I was unable to preserve my perfect record of a blog a day. But I think it's a sufficient excuse to let me continue anyway...so I'm going to continue.)

What was fortunate about the situation was the presence of a genuine Geek in the family, who was able to come out to the rig, and tell us that our hard drive had crashed, and help us install a new one. (Which we did, taking up a day and evening.) Now the effort to recover what was on the crashed drive continues, in the capable hands of our family Geek.













At the same time our computer was crashing, there was this hissing noise from somewhere under the refrigerator, and things like the hall carpet mysteriously started getting wet. Yes friends, the appliances were in full revenge mode again. (See previous posts circa Christmas '08):

We did manage to spot the trouble this time...it seems the water heater had sprung a leak at its intake valve, always a fun prospect...and the perfect opportunity to cut off the water supply to the entire rig and not wash for a couple of days.
So, today, after the leak had been fixed, I had a couple of other things to take care of before resuming my blogification...

Like the dishes:


...And the other stuff I couldn't find generic pictures for on the internet. (any ACTUAL pictures I might have of the rig are still in recovery mode, as you may recall from earlier in this tomb.)

Anyway, I'm back and happily at it again, and the 30 days of April proceed apace. (That piece of utterly overblown phraseology is the only remaining vestige of the "masterpiece" mentioned earlier.)


Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy

4 comments:

spiritualastronomer said...

Geezerguy, If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a magnificent piece of creative writing. Unfortunately, I know better. Hope things are getting better this week - I did wonder what was going on. BTW, the picture of the burning hard drive is great.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

wow, did you leave anything out? Oh my Geezerguy! Ahh having a family geek is wonderful isn't it! I have one on my side as well. My brother has a business( has had for many years)He is the one that built our PC.

Well I'm glad to see you and yarntangler are back and hope you will both be able to finish out the month( spring summer winter fall... so and so on) WITHOUT anymore um mishaps. Stay cool! ( its 32 degrees here and we have had snow for 2 days.... sigh...)

Ooops, I was signed in under LD's acct.. hehe..

Old Newsie said...

Yep, a good excuse is better than leaving us all to say he fell asleep again at deadline! Next excuse? Probably a BLM lizard crawling into the keybooard and messing that all up too.