Friday, November 28, 2008

Blog Challenge Nears End...Geezer gets Desparate

Just two days to go, and I’m running really thin on blog ideas. So today, I’ll dip into the idea jar…Nope. Just cookie crumbs.

This one has a bit of frosting still attached. I remember that cookie: It was a really fine experience. At the time I ate it, it was still warm and soft, and that touch of frosting gave it the crunch that added a little texture without being overwhelming.

It was a good, basic cookie with the kinds of undertones that come with experience in several diverse flavor moods. A kind of nuanced treat. It really combined the best bits from what had been previous bad combination choices, culling out the more detracting aspects of previous attempts.

The cookie created the kind of magic you wanted to live again and again. And I guess that’s the reason I’ve decided to eat the crumb.
(time passes, and the tension builds)

OK. Not a good decision. It seems time has not been kind to the cookie…or at least to the crumb. The crumb itself was crunchy and hard, and had lost most of its flavor. The bit of frosting nearly put a chip in my tooth. Not a pleasurable experience. I need something to rinse out my mouth now, before I get ready for work.

I guess that’s what I get for letting my imagination wander while the wife flips through the “Food Channel,” “What Not to Wear” and “What It Takes” on the TV.
Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy

2 comments:

spiritualastronomer said...

Pretty desperate . . .VBG

Yarntangler said...

At least I know you actually glean something from all those How to make yourself perfect a la Stacy and Clinton! Now if they could just get you to stop wearing white socks with black pants!