Sunday, November 16, 2008

Living Up to the Basic Premise of this Blog

I must have about a thousand pictures of sunsets. I can’t seem to get enough of them, no matter how many pile up in the computer. Right now, I’m looking out the window at one, and resisting temptation…but it’s a really good one, and the trees make a great silhouette in front of the brilliant reds and oranges…with the deepening degrees of blue overhead and to either side. Really nice. Nice job, God.

OK, I looked at it and wrote long enough so I missed the chance…and this one won’t be taking up space in the laptop.

That’s kind of a shame…because no matter how many I accumulate, there should always be room for another one. The show only goes on once a night, and once it’s gone, it’s gone. Like opportunities missed along the way all through life.

But there were opportunities taken as well, and some turned out pretty good. I guess we’re all going to make choices of one sort or another, and there’s no sense dwelling on what would have happened had we made a different one. I chose to marry a good woman when I had the chance. That’s a decision that has made me happy every day since. (although there have been some days when I’ve been happier than others…for example, today I’m in trouble for procrastinating about writing a blog, and while the decision still makes me happy in general, the situation right now isn’t too comfortable….and uh…I had a point to make, but maybe I should stop talking now since she’ll be reading this and that look will come over her face, and….Stop talking, Geez.)

What was I saying?

Choices. We chose to do this blog-every-day thing at the beginning of the month. It seemed like a good idea at the time. It’s a way to get into the habit of writing every day, and that can’t hurt. But there is a down side: I don’t always have something to say that’s worth reading. (I know that comes as a shock to some of you, but it’s true. Really. Really.) or even worth saying for that matter. There are lots of people like that. Rush Limbaugh, for example, or Al Frankin (equal time).

But they say it anyway, and they prosper in the process. So, what they say must make sense to somebody. Right? I think there’s a lesson to be taken from that. I don’t know what it is, but somebody might read this, and leave a comment telling me. That would be helpful.

OK, a blog a day keeps the Procrastination Police away. It’s not much, but I think it beats sitting a thousand monkeys down to a thousand typewriters. Anyway, tell me what you think. OK?
OK.
Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy

3 comments:

Yarntangler said...

I made two right choices in my life and you were the answer both times.

Anonymous said...

For not knowing what to say you say a lot that makes sense and gives one something interesting to think about.

Sage Words said...

That was very profound! I don't know what to say...


-Sage Words