Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Depending on your point of view, Thanksgiving can be a day for celebrating, or for clever deception.



We gathered with friends for Thanksgiving at noon today, and are kind of taking it easy this evening. Just the wife and me in our cozy RV, thinking about what we have to be grateful for this year.

Thanksgiving’s one of those holidays that haven’t been messed with in a major way since it began. Fortunately, setting a day aside to give thanks for what you have is still at the heart of the day. So I’m just relaxing, being grateful for my wife, who continues to put up with me; for my four sons who have all grown into men I’m proud to know; and for my health, which remains solid and allows me to work and play as I continue to live the dream. And for all the friends I've met or will meet along the way.

It’s been a year with some trials, but it certainly hasn’t been as bad a year as they had in Connecticut in 1721, when His Majesty’s Governor still found it in his heart to issue the following:


(Click to enlarge & read)


So, happy Thanksgiving, and many more in future years.
Blog at ya later
-Geezerguy

3 comments:

Yarntangler said...

I guess everything is relative.

spiritualastronomer said...

Nope, can't say we've had much pestilence lately - good thing, too.

Sage Words said...

I muft fay, there'f a certain faftiffaction that comef from the realifation that our fofiety haf maitained itf traditionf af they apply to giving thankf for our many giftf!

I mean, ferioufly, ifn't that fuper?



-Fage Wordf