Thursday, November 6, 2008

Moving Day Plus One

OK, if I was in a hurry yesterday (and I was), I’m twice as in a hurry (to paraphrase an obscure line from “Blade Runner”) today. We’re in the new swamp…uh…RV section, and it rained last night. We remain hopeful that we will be able to move the rig eventually when the time comes to move back (which we definitely plan to do).

Anyway, I’m in a hurry today because our WiFi signal has dwindled to a mere shadow of its former self, and I have no idea how long I’ll be connected. So here’s day 6 of our blogathon, and more power (and signal strength) to me in the future.

Just a brief reflection on the situation:
Here we are living the dream we nurtured for all those stick-house years when we were permanently attached to one job and one place. It might sound like I’m complaining sometimes, but even when things get really bad, all I have to do is look back to those days, and I realize that this is THE life for us, and it doesn’t seem so bad after all. I’m thankful every day for my wife’s wanderlust and the fact that she prodded me into this four (+) years ago. I might grouse a little, but I can smell the roses, the leaves, the mud and occasionally the refinery…and it all feels pretty darn good to me.
Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yup, that sounds like the gypsy lifestyle to me. We've been at it for 8+ years now, and would not ever think of giving it up. We love those mudholes!

Yarntangler said...

Once upon a time, a long time ago, someone who shall remain nameless called you a Stick-in-the-Mud. If only she could see you now!