Monday, November 10, 2008

Now with PICTURES!

Today, I’m trying something different. I’m going to try posting a picture in my blog. I’ve noticed some people post pictures all the time…Some post nothing but pictures for their blogs. Well…time for me to jump into something new, so here goes. I’m going to post my favorite picture from this summer. Ready? OK. This may take a while (as several of my maintenance programs have told me recently). Here goes:


There!
This is me and Yarntangler on Aug 3. We were in 1880 town, and had just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary, by re-doing the whole thing (I’ve always said I’d do it again anytime) in a little church at the end of the main street. We dressed appropriately for the time period, as you can see, and a few of our friends came along to help us celebrate. This shot was taken on the walk in front of the Longhorn Saloon, as we headed there for our reception. Sarsaparilla all around.
No big philosophical point to make today…I just felt like sharing a moment I think about often. A special part of our summer, and our life.
Blog at ya later,
-Geezerguy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photo, and what a wonderful way to celebrate your 40th anniversary. Y'all look great, by the way.

Yarntangler said...

How lucky can a girl get? I married the man of my dreams twice, and it was the same dream!

Agreeing to be be Mrs. Geezerguy is the best decision I ever made

Anonymous said...

I'm such a sap... that picture of the two of you is so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Now you've done it, I started leaving comments... lol