Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Good Day at the Pump

Today I filled up my gas tank for less than 17 dollars. No, it wasn't the RV tank; things haven't improved that much. It was the Jeep...our little toad (as in "towed vehicle"... towed-toad: get it?...it's an RV'er thing). I can't remember the last time that's been possible...and it took nearly a full tank of gas.
I guess that goes to show something good comes out of every economic crisis...especially for those of us who don't have a lot to begin with.

I notice people who never really worried about the price of gas...those who ride in limos and fly jets from here to there, etc....presenting themselves with worried expressions these days. Well, I'm not worried. I don't see the dropping price of gas as a dire "economic indicator" any more than I saw the obscene increase in gas prices as a sign of a "strengthening economy".

I think what goes around comes around, and that what's been around is starting to come back around now. And as long as it stays around I'll be happy to pay 17 dollars or less for a tank of gas.

Blog at ya later
-Geezerguy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Loneduck and I have been traveling back and forth between Rochester and Liverpool we have noticed there is anywhere from 20 to 35cent difference in price of gas. Liverpool is always cheaper. There is a place within a mile of his dorm that we use most of the time. The last time we were out there it was $2.29. I'm sure its below $2.00 now. For once a holiday is coming and the prices are STILL going down!! Its awesome

Yarntangler said...

It should be interesting to see the difference in driving the jeep with it's tank of $1.47 gas and the motor home which we topped off before we got here with it's $3.79 gas. Wouldn't you think there was a quality issue somewhere. Dumb huh?

Anonymous said...

It wasnt to long ago when we were saying "wow $3.79 its below $4.00"

You actually paid $1.47 for gas!!! OMG.. I heard yesterday the national average right now is like $1.87 I think.. We're still paying over $2.00....

Sage Words said...

I don't pay for gas, I just squeeze dinosaurs directly into my tank. Now, dinosaur squeezins are pretty effective fuel, but them lizards go for $197 a pound!

Maybe I should re-think my "alternative energy plan"...



-Sage Words